Wednesday 24 March 2010

For the Single Ladies- What Have You Done?


Task #12 for the Single Ladies


Today you got home very tired from church – You hadn't stopped for one minute! It couldn’t have been any other way...


You helped to clean the auditorium, the bathroom, you participated of the meeting and even had time to evangelize before it began…


The only thing you want now is to shower and get a good night’s sleep!


You get home, your family is in the living room and you pass right by them since all you can think about is a shower and bed.


Very well my friends, we are going to cover an extremely important issue today!


Many young girls feel great pleasure in doing things in church and if possible, they would spend the entire day there but they forget that they need to give a good testimony at home!

You are capable of helping a lot at church, but incapable to help your mother at home?

I ask you, what good is it?


Many young girls nowadays are missing out on the opportunity to save souls in their own homes because they haven’t been giving a good testimony.

When at home all they want to do is rest and regain their strength so that they can give their all at church.

Friends, the Lord Jesus sees all of this!

The result is that your parent’s will revolt against the church and begin to impede you from attending!


We must be examples wherever we are, for that is our testimony!

Perhaps your mother is overburdened but you don’t move a muscle to help her!

This has to change my friend.


Is it your dad who does things around the house? That's even worse! You should take on that responsibility.

I know that this can be a burden at times, but its part of your sacrifice!


I just finished serving dinner, I feel very tired, but since I live with other people I had to sacrifice and clean up the kitchen before writing this post.


It’s 1 in the morning here and I could very well use this as an excuse not to write or clean up the kitchen… but that’s when my testimony kicks in, you understand?


Task #12

“This very day you are going to change the situation and begin to give a good testimony at home.


If possible, talk to your mother about tasks that you can take over. Here are a few suggestions in case you don’t know where to start.

  • Prepare dinner for the family.
  • Wash your family’s clothes, not just your own. If you have a big family, divide the task with your mum.
  • Thoroughly clean your entire home at least once a week, not just your room.
  • Iron your family’s clothing.
  • Prepare lunch.
  • Clean out the fridge at least once a week.
  • Clean the kitchen cupboard and cabinets.
  • Clean the windows.
  • Make your bed as soon as you wake up every day.
  • Maintain your bedroom organized and neat always.
  • Keep your wardrobe tidy.

These are only a few examples… and please, don’t do anything with a sour face or complaining because it will defeat the purpose!


Once you put this into practice, then and only then, will things begin to change.”


10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your advise,i used to do just as you said and my relationship with my mother was sour,we were not agreeing and it used to hurt me a lot until the day that i changed and started helping out.We become friends with my mother even her she started coming more times to church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really like that until I kept hearin Bishop Junior talk about how we need to work things out at home first & it's so true..cant clean others' houses if your house is dirty-makes sense.
    Thank you Mrs. Fernanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you. Its feels good to keep the house clean aleast you know that you can invite people to the house without worries.
    I like coming home and seeing everything tidy and also helping my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true we young girls tend to do more in the church and do nothing at home. I once had this problem and one day i realised that i was giving a bad testimony at home and i decided to change. I have learnt that i need to have a balance in my life, i have to excel in all areas, that is, at home, school and in the church

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I do feel like that because I feel something at church when I'm helping but when I'm at home I don't. I should help put and feel good at home and in church. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what I just recently learnt from the service, I have noticed that sometimes I am not that attentive to my sister, which sometimes makes her feel upset. Like you said that some of us do when we come home, this is just like me, after all the things I need to do in a day, I ignore my sister sometimes without saying a word which is wrong. I need to learn how to start a conversation with her and of course not by force but a truthful and relaxing one with no anxiety. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what I just recently learnt from the service, I have noticed that sometimes I am not that attentive to my sister, which sometimes makes her feel upset. Like you said that some of us do when we come home, this is just like me, after all the things I need to do in a day, I ignore my sister sometimes without saying a word which is wrong. I need to learn how to start a conversation with her and of course not by force but a truthful and relaxing one with no anxiety. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mrs. Nanda(:
    Yes this is so common nowadays. We give our all at church and in our school work that when we come home all we want to do is just get some rest. You’re absolutely right! What kind of testimony would we be giving if we do all that but not help out at home? A very bad testimony that’s for sure. Thank you for this message. This really helps a lot.
    Alcy Gomez
    (Catedral)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is true, i've been there. When i look back i think, wow i could've avoided so many problems at home;but ALL of my time was put into doing things in the church; not that its bad, but there has to be a balance. If we're never at home to show the family what we're learning how can we ever expect them to see the change?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very true Mrs nanda, i have done this alot and it made matters worse at home. My mum will always be complaining 'Vanessa why can you help me with the cooking' and my response will be ' I have something to do at church' and that was always my response and my mum started telling me that im going church to much i need to stop. But to avoid this all i should of done was stay home and help her cook once in a while. As ladies we need to balance our time its possible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...