Task #9 for the Single Ladies
“So, aren’t you going to find a boyfriend?”
“How about you, when will you get married?”
“Hehehe, you’re turning into an old maid!”
Look at how much pressure!
Just the other day I caught myself saying one of these phrases to my youngest sister-in-law, what lack of sensitivity on my part!
It escaped! Just after saying it, I felt angry at myself… “I expected more from you Fernanda!” I thought.
Really, it mustn’t be easy to support hearing comments like that.
Relatives and friends have no idea how something apparently so innocent, like the comments above, can lead a person to a state of great anxiety. They can even lead her to take decisions that she will regret for the rest of her life.
When you act based on this anxiety, you are acting by emotions and the results will certainly not be good.
I have a friend that knows this very well…
She was almost 30 when her family began to pressure her. They began to ask those little questions and many times they took it to the next level…
“Your biological clock is ticking! You are not getting any younger!”
“Do you want to be a granny-mom?”
So, anxiety struck…She began to worry about her love life. She forgot all about her spiritual side, she stopped trusting God and decided she had to solve her problem; after all God didn’t seem to be listening to her.
She began to date a guy and in less than six months they were married. In a year’s time, she was already having her first child.
Wow! You might think. How great, she solved her problem!
While pregnant with her child, she discovered that her husband was betraying her with her best friend.
When she confronted him about it, he decided to leave her!
Ok, I don’t even need to reveal the rest of her unhappiness for you to realize the big mistake she made!
My friends, I know it isn’t easy to overcome the anxiety, but it’s possible!
Don’t be taken away by comments or thought that the devil may bring, for he works in your mind with this feeling called anxiety.
Of course you have to do your part, but you must also trust God!
Seeking and waiting for the right person is worth it, I can prove it.
Know one thing: anxiety is your number 1 enemy at the moment!!!
How do you overcome it?
Here it goes…
“First things first, if you want to be blessed in your love life, you must do your part! Here goes a list of things that you need to do…
- 1. Start a purpose with God and participate in the Therapy of Love on Saturdays in the Universal Church.
- 2. Don’t be silly, show up presentable and with your best face. Don’t forget about the mints in your purse. Always!
- 3. Be alert because there are others there with the same intention as you, so look around.
- 4. If you don’t see anyone interesting, don’t give up, remain firm.
- 5. If you do find someone, don’t rush. Make it a point to get to know his character.
- 6. Avoid being idle, for it is at that moment that the devil will attack with thoughts. Occupy your time! Get involved in a church group; get busy with the work of God. Evangelizing and visiting hospitals are great examples.
- 7. If possible, have friends and go to the cinema, eat out, go shopping and things of this sort.
- 8. Take a course! That’s right! In your struggle against anxiety and idleness everything goes! If the problem is money, search for something online and make an effort to learn! I have two cousins that speak fluent English; do you know how they learned? On their own! At the time they didn’t even have internet, imagine if they did!!!
- 9. And the last tip, it should have been the first one because it is most important! HAVE GOD ALWAYS IN FIRST PLACE IN YOUR LIFE.
“"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
I believe in this word, how about you?!