Wednesday 11 November 2009

Love Dare - Day 5 - Don't be easily irritable


Folks forgive me for being redundant, but today I was speaking to a lady about how to treat her husband…

Look at what God has revealed to me while I was counseling her…

When you pray and speak with God you make use of extreme reverence: My Lord; My Beloved; Oh, Lord Jesus!

You proceed with upmost respect.

 

But what good is it if when you speak to your husband (who represents Jesus), you don’t even think twice and before you know it….

 

“Shut up!”

“Quit annoying me!”

“Get out of here!”

“You’re a nuisance!”

 

And the list goes on…

I know that many marriages aren’t easy, but do you think these words help?

Perhaps you’ve been seeking to establish a relationship with God for so long but you see no results. You always feel so distant and empty… weak….

 

Make it a point to change this friend- even if you feel your husband doesn’t deserve your respect… the Lord Jesus deserves it!

 

If you want changes in this marriage, don’t wait for him to change… Start changing yourself.

Love Dare – Task 5

 

During this week, choose a good time and ask your husband 3 things that make him to feel uncomfortable or irritable with you. Do not get irritated or try to justify yourself. Only listen!

From then on start a plan of action to change those things that bother him so much.

6 comments:

  1. Task 3 something not easy to do but will do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not married, but I think it's useful for many other relationships we have: with our parents, brothers and sisters...

    Thank you and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so hard as well cause he did not do anything that would make me irritated it was a smooth day.

    Charlene (Namibia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked my him if there is anything i do that irratate him and he said yes and from now on i will work on that.

    Aina

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was not somethimg easy but he say i do bother him sometimes.

    RUTH{NAMIBIA}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes there is things that do iritates him and i will certaintly work on that for sure. DimorianNamibia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...