Monday 2 January 2012

Empty Words

Hello Mrs Nanda,

I'm 15 years old and one of these days I read a post you wrote titled "Blah, Blah, Blah" and I noticed that every time I seek God's presence, my words are completely empty. I even speak, I close my eyes but my mind and my thoughts are in another place and I don't know how to think only about Jesus while I'm seeking!
Please help me, for I want to become a young lady of God :)

My dear, you are not alone, this happens a lot because controlling our thoughts isn't easy but it isn't impossible either. 
The moment in which you are seeking Him has to be special, you need to be sincere...

Our thoughts escape our control when we are not paying attentions to what we are saying and because of that we aren't being sincere.

Try to imagine that the Lord Jesus is right there in front of you (He really is!). What would you tell Him?

Would you praise Him? Would you tell Him how much you love Him?
Then do that, but let's suppose that on that day you are sad, you have a problem... Then unburden yourself with Him. Tell Him what is inside of you. 

Perhaps you will say: "My God, I don't know what to say, I am so empty, help me! I want to say that I love you, but how if I don't even know you? I want to know you my Lord. I want to be able to praise and love you. And so on... Sincere and true words always!

That's a good start...

What is important is that you control your mind and not allow it to wander off, thinking about what you will do after the meeting, what you will have for lunch, what you will cook, what you will study, etc... And who knows what ever other thoughts the devil brings forth. 

Be on the look out during these moments and you will overcome this. 

In case this happens constantly and you are not able to overcome these thoughts, then participate in one of the deliverance meetings at church, which is no reason to feel embarrassed, because you may still be in need of deliverance. 

A kiss to all!

P.S.
If you have a question that you would like me to answer here in the form of a "post",which will not only help you but many other people, write to me in the comment box below this post and I will be answering within my possibilities. Please avoid adding very personal details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...