Friday 30 December 2011

Help my daughter…

Nanda,

My daughter and I are assistants and she does everything in the church but at home all she does is to clean her bedroom and wash her own clothes, she does not want to learn to cook and spring cleaning in the rest of the house, no way!
I am very happy to see her serving God but my husband always complains that I am overloaded with work as she is always resting when not going to church.
Are we been unfair with her? Or should she help around more?

Dear,

Unfortunately, this has become very common amongst young girls. They do their best in their church, evangelize, clean and do everything but when arriving home they do not give a good testimony.

That is really not good because maybe the pastor is not even aware of what’s happening at home, but God sees everything. Not to mention that we want to fight for our family so they may know God, but when they look at our lives and at what we do…that’s it…all down the drain.

Friend, talk to your daughter and explain to her that you would like her to help around more often so that you may not feel overloaded and also for good testimony sake. Make her see that there is no use of doing so much in the church and giving a bad testimony at home.

It is important to remember that by shouting and being angry, you will not achieve much.  A friendly and caring conversation will accomplish much more than shouting and demands. Therefore, choose a suitable moment to talk.

Explain exactly what you would like her to do at home and how good it would be for her to learn to cook and so on…

PS. If you have a question and you would like me to answer it as a “post” here where not only you will be helped but others too, write to me as a comment to this post and I will reply as soon as possible. Please avoid giving personal details.


1 comment:

  1. I use to be just like your daughter; but one thing I failed to see was that my example starts in the house amongest my family. I too would be in the church the whole day and by the time I would get home I wouldn't do anything. That was a bad example from me and at that time my family members had just left the church. I needed to be an example. I am sure that she cares as I did also, but at the times I was just a bit immature to understand the importance of it and how it can make an impact. When I was told what I was doing was wrong, I changed because just as I wanted to serve in the church I wanted to make sure I serve at home first.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...