Friday 30 December 2011

I hate you!


Last Sunday hatred was born inside me- one against insecurities. The more I thought of it the more I noticed how much an obstacle to my faith this was. There is no greater blockage than insecurities to impede an inspiration from God to be fulfilled because this brings doubts. This is satan’s main weapon against God’s chosen ones. If you have any doubts on this subject, see the examples below:

Moses- When God appeared to him and asked him to go and deliver the children of Israel from slavery, his answer was: “…O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before or since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” (Exodus 3:11,4:10)

Jeremiah- When called, his answer wasn’t any better. He argued: “…Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” (Jeremiah 1:6)

Gideon- Even after a great manifestation of revolt, when God commanded him to go in his strength, he answered: “ …Oh my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” (Judges 6:15)

These men did not even think before they answered. Their insecurities were so profoundly rooted in them that it came naturally. And the same applies to many of us. We are so used to living with our insecurities, that these have become second nature to us and consequently a stumbling block to our faith if we surrender to them. If the men mentioned above, had given in to their insecurities, they wouldn’t be mentioned in the Bible. God would have to move on and look for other people He could use. What about us? How many times did God have to move on and look for other people He could use because we were unable to surpass our insecurities and answer His call?

Reasons why you should hate insecurities:

·      They make you have small expectations. Due to insecurities, you end up dreaming small because you do not believe you deserve better.
·      You do not portray a good image of God when you are insecure because you induce other people’ s pity.
·      You are made tail and not head because you do not believe you can lead.
·      It gives you a spirit of fear and shyness and not one of power.
·      They are the opposite of what God wants for you.  God is about to make great things happen in people’s life, GREAT THINGS. But what you will receive will only be according to your faith. The first thing you should do is to believe that the dream you secretly dream is worth it. You can have the greatest revolt inside you, the greatest faith but if you do not believe in yourself, if you do not believe you are worth much, the revolt you have will only take you to small blessings. What a waste! Do whatever it takes to overcome your insecurities.  Hate it, act against it. Do not accept it to depreciate you. Next time you have the thought: “Who do you think you are?” Tell yourself: “I am God’s warrior! Who are you to stand in my way? Get behind me because I hate you!”


By Moti Bernardino (Pastor’s wife in the UK. And just for the record, she is South African but learned to speak and even write Portuguese).








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...