Sunday 25 December 2011

Especially for You


My dear friend,

I really wanted to be there by your side so we could talk through these difficult moments…

I understand you may not feel at ease to speak to someone about these things. I know it’s not easy.

You are facing many problems. In your marriage, financially, your self-esteem is very low, your family fights constantly; but this is not the greatest problem…

My dear friend, you do not have yet the assurance of your salvation; you are not yet born of God.
In my point of view the greatest problem you are facing is not your husband betraying you or the lack of money, or even the arguments between your family members… But if you die today (God forbid!), what is the point of having a lot of money or a family that sticks together? You cannot take them with you! (I am not saying that they are not important, but your priority should be your salvation) Salvation however, can guarantee you an eternal life of peace and tranquility together with our Lord! This is wonderful!

And not only this. Being born of God means having Him within us!

You know those moments where you feel weak and worthless? With Him living inside you, all this changes! He makes you stand and understand how beautiful and precious you are to Him!

You know those moments of profound sadness, where nothing that your family or friends say can comfort you? Very well, in those moments He can come into your heart and comfort you, raise you up and help you carry on and cast away all the sadness.

This is the best and greatest gift that He gives us.

When I was still quite new in the church still in the first few steps of learning to live by faith, I read a verse in the Bible that I never forget!

Seek first the Kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you”

I also was struggling with a lot of problems, but when I read this I decided to put it in practice. I stopped focusing on my problems and started seeking the Kingdom of God in first place!

Everything the pastor would say, I would do it…

“You have to stop lying.” I would stop.

“You have to stop doing things you know are wrong.” I would stop.

“You have to be baptized in water.” I got baptized.

And I didn’t stop there, I would meditate on the Bible and practice what I was learning… I started to forgive, having good eyes, etc…

A change started happening inside of me as I continuously sought the presence of God. It didn’t happen overnight, but the day that I was born of God was the happiest day of my life!

If I didn’t have Him within me, I don’t know where I would be today.

Dear friend, I also go through many battles, persecutions and difficult moments… But this is not a problem for me; as long as I am in His presence I know I will overcome whatever comes my way!

This certainty and confidence only exists, because I know that He lives inside of me guiding and strengthening me when I feel week.

He helps me fight against my emotions and to live by faith! There is nothing more wonderful than this!
Remember also the promise in the verse we mentioned earlier: “everything will be added to you.” He has been adding to my life all the other things I need. And the same thing happens with all those who seek Him in first place!

Therefore dear friend, this is my advice… Do the same thing that I did, and you will have the same or even more than I have!

I love you even without having met you; now imagine our Lord Jesus who knows you better than you know yourself!

I will be praying for you.

Always in faith!

Nanda Bezerra. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...