Tuesday 13 December 2011

My day…


Today I woke up in the morning ready for a different day. The first day of the fasting of Daniel…not just any day…I decided to give my best in everything possible, to add tasks to my day, things I don’t really like to do and did them first thing. I also decided that even the way I dressed it had to be best possible too and so I carried on with my day.

I was working on the computer and my mom shows up on Skype to talk to me. As soon as she saw me she said: “Gee!  You look so beautiful! Wait! I am coming back…”

She left me there hanging for approximately five minutes, kkkk. When she came back I asked her: “Mom, where did you go?”

“I went to get myself dressed up a bit to talk to you” she replied.

We had a laugh together and I noticed that she not only changed her clothes but fixed her hair too. Every time I talk to her it’s usually at nighttime, when I am almost sleeping…so you can imagine…pajamas, a sleepy face and no make up…

This comes to show something very important. We can either be a motivating factor to others or just another one in the crowd. Everyday, we have the power to influence someone in a positive way and we should make the most of this opportunity. Be it by the way you dress, the way you speak, how you treat people around you etc.

Being a good example is something we always have to keep in mind, and we should ask ourselves: Have I been a good reference to other youth, and young women around me?

Something to think about, analyze; and to act upon.




1 comment:

  1. Mrs Nanda, this is very true and one of the things I'm working on in the 40days challenge.

    Thank you for sharing, I must keep this in mind x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...