Monday 11 January 2010

Love Dare - Day 26 - Time


“I don’t have time.”

Without a doubt this is a common phrase in your vocabulary, at least in mine it is…

Sometimes I find myself in a true race against time.

Some days it seems that time is my enemy! It flies by without giving me a chance to do all of the things I need to.

Nowadays it’s difficult to find people that aren’t in a race against the clock, unaffected by the lack of time to complete all of their duties.

In marriage “lack of time” can be lethal.

Some couples work all day and only see each other at night, when both are exhausted. Their lives revolve around work, work and work.

Let me tell you a secret…

An empty sack cannot stand on its own!

It’s not much of a secret, right?!

What I’m trying to say is that if we don’t find time for each other, problems will surely arise.

Attention, I am not saying that you should begin to complain to your husband: “You have no time for me!”

None of that! Be wise!

The first thing you need to remember is that taking advantage of your time together is not judged by the amount of time, rather by the quality…

If by chance you can combine quantity with quality, marvelous!!!

I’ll give you an example of something I learned with a friend.

“Take advantage of each moment; Value quality!”

The daily rush that we have live in the work of God often leads me to this situation- lack of time.

But whenever I do have a moment with my husband I always stop everything else and take advantage of my time with him.

Before I received my friend’s advice I found myself constantly complaining about my lack of time and I didn’t know what to do about it.

Here go some examples of things you can do?

When your husband gets home, stop what you’re doing- even if it’s the dishes, computer work or whatever. You attention will be directed towards him. If he sits on the couch to watch the game, there you’ll be! Take advantage of these moments to caress him, sit next to him and the rest will flow naturally.

While he takes his shower, you can be there talking to him.

It would be great if at least once a week the two of you could go out, watch a movie or have dinner together.

Dare- Task 26

“From now on you are going to search for ways to better use your time with your husband. Lack of time is not an excuse because you most certainly find time to do so many other things that aren’t as important. Remember, after your life with God your husband is the number one priority- even before your kids!”

Friends, there are only 14 days left until the end of our Dare and I’d really like to hear from you guys…

How has it been?

Did you give up?

Have you seen results?

I look forward to your feedback…

6 comments:

  1. I really learnt a lot that I will not forget especially this one of the TIME,THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING,DON'T FALL IN THE TRAP,SOLVE THE PROBLEM,GIVE HIM PRIORITY AND PRAYER.
    Rosalinde(Namibia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To make time for my husband is realy very important and i try my best to be with him when he wants me close to him and throughout the day i also miss him and when he comes back iam close to him.

    I learned alot from this love dare and i will not stop doing what i have learned even if the love dare is over.

    Charlene (Namibia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time, time is the most thing that I have been straggling with a lot,because I didn't now how to divide my time between my husband and my son but thought this days of LOVE DARE I learn a lot and I thank GOD for the wisdom he give you to help us.

    Hendrina(Namibia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before i never know how to keep my time even to make time for my husband it was realy not something that i dont know,but when i start this dare it help me alot in such a way that i can manage to do thing in the rigth way and with time.

    I realy learn many thing in the task that you give to us,us we learning more may God give you more wisdom more that the one that he gave to king solomon thank so much.

    Ruth(Namibia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. when He came back home I was there watching those football with him that he likes a lot, me not too much only the world cup or flamengo I even jump and scream.Eliane Namibia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is true time is very important in a relationship ,because if i don,t give time to my husband my relationship can suffer.i am very blessed to be part of the LOVE DARE because i have learned i lot and i will always remember them.i am also making copies of it just to have my own.Thank to you miss Nanda for your insperation.

    Aina NAMIBIA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...